May 6, 2008

Tick Tock

Yep, still hanging in there. I seem to be getting all the signs that labour is not far away, it's just not kicking into gear for me yet. I'm getting a lot more sleep these days. Still up every 2 hours or so, but I'm managing to get back to sleep fairly quickly and feel like I am getting some good sleep in. I'm actually used to getting up every couple of hours, and don't even mind now that I'm sleeping in between. Even with getting much more sleep, I'm still finding that I'm very tired. Yesterday I had two naps throughout the day, one of them over an hour, even though I had slept around 8 hours the night before. Then last night I still managed to sleep for close to 10 hours. I won't be surprised if I am napping again at some stage today.

The braxton hicks contractions are continuing and getting stronger and stronger. Still not painful, just very uncomfortable. The tightening feeling seems to be spreading and squashing every part of my body, including my bladder which now has me in the bathroom up to every half hour throughout the day. I don't mind them though, I like that my body is getting in lots of practise for labour and secretly optimistic that it will help make it shorter and more efficient.

Other than the standard aches and pains & considering the weight that I'm now carrying around, I'm not doing too badly. We have decided to book in for the induction next week Thursday the 15th just in case nothing happens before then. So I'm not too concerned at this stage, either way we only have just over a week to go!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Counting with you Kath....hope it is not too much longer!!

Bron said...

Kath, I noticed on the EB boards that Baby Mac is on the way.....so excited, will be checking them with baited breath for your news. Thinking of you and your hubby - and hoping that your labour is an easy one as labours go!! But I know that it will all be worth it. Looking forward to your news, so close now. Couldn't be much more on time than this!