Apr 30, 2008

39 week OB Appointment

We just got back from our 39 week OB appointment with great news! All is well with both me and bub, and I'm now favourable!! Cervix is nice and long and starting to dilate, all is progressing really well towards labour. The OB did a stretch & sweep to try to move things along. It was pretty uncomfortable, but not painful and well worth going through if it will help! The OB said he wouldn't be surprised if I go into labour within the next week.

I have another appointment booked for next week, if bub has still not arrived we will be booking in for an induction on either the 13th or 15th. Even if it does come to the induction, I feel a lot better about it now knowing that everything is favourable as it has a much higher chance of working.

I'm feeling so excited right now! I was worried that I would be told at the appointment today that everything was still locked up tight so I was over the moon to hear how positive it was. Even though I know it may still be another 2 weeks, knowing that my body is gearing up for labour has made it so much more real! Come on baby, you can do it! We are so ready to meet you!!

2 comments:

Car said...

Not long to go now Kath!!! I hope you don't go too far over your EDD (that was the worst week for me!) Look forward to hearing about baby mac :)

Bron said...

This must be such a challenging time....if you are like me, I HATE waiting! Not having been there, I am imagining a little nervousness, but lots of excitement and feeling both very ready and 'over the waiting thing'....I will be thinking of you Kath and praying for a lovely smooth entry into the world for the beautiful Baby Mac.