Apr 16, 2008

37 Wk OB Appointment

We had our 37 week OB appointment yesterday afternoon and I'm happy to report that all is still going well. He checked blood pressure & baby's heart rate as normal, as well as checking for signs of swelling. My feet have been getting a little swollen, but nothing to be concerned about. He also felt baby for position and size. Bub's size isn't as big as what my belly looks which was a relief! Position wise, bub is still head down but now with it's back on my left hand side. The only issue is that bub still hasn't dropped down low enough into the pelvis. The OB wasn't too concerned, but did say that he would like it to be further down next week. Come on baby, you can do it!

Next week will be another appointment with the midwife, the following week will be back to the OB when he will start internals to check how I'm progressing and try to help things along - how exciting!!!

2 comments:

Car said...

Oooh not long to go now Kath!

Hope that bags packed & ready to go!!!

Bron said...

I have to keep checking your blog every day in case bub comes early, can't wait for your news. I love reading your blog, it gives me hope and I feel like I know you even though we've never met and don't live too far apart - am just as excited as if one of my girlfriends was having a baby. It's really exciting now and I am so glad you haven't had too many dramas throughout your pregnancy and that you don't have too much longer to wait to meet your gorgeous little bub.