Apr 7, 2008

Pain

Naturally I expected labour to be painful, but I never expected the pregnancy part to be this painful. In the last few days I have started feeling a new sharp pain very low down that happens on occasion through the day and night. I am also feeling the same type of pain I was feeling here, but at a much worse level. Night time is the hardest - I struggle to roll over, get out of bed and limp to the bathroom, sometimes even questioning if I will be able to get there because the pain is so intense. During the day I have to painfully limp every time after sitting, even if I have only been sitting for a short while.

I guess the positive to all this pain is the possibility that it means the baby has dropped down lower in preparation for delivery. My next OB appointment is in 2 days so hopefully I will find out then.

It is also helping to prove the theory that the fear of labour gets taken over by the desire to end the pregnancy! I'm finding that I can't help but not only look forward to finally holding our baby in my arms, but also to the simple things like laying on my back, walking without pain, sitting comfortably, drinking water without getting heartburn and of course eating sushi!

No comments: