Aug 19, 2009

Scan results

The scan went well today, seems all that pill popping paid off and I have managed to grow a good enough lining to attempt a transfer. My lining is now 8mm and is showing a triple line pattern which is a positive thing to see.

So I start progesterone pessaries tonight, then every 12 hours as well as continuing with the 8 hourly progynova tablets. The pessaries aren't too bad, I've decided that the best times for me to do them will be 8am and 8pm. You are supposed to lie down for 30 minutes after each one, but the nurse has told me that as long as I can do 5-10 minutes it will be fine which is helpful with a toddler running around to look after!

So at this stage, transfer is booked in for this coming Monday at 12:45pm. I need to call the clinic at around 10am to see how my embryo/s are doing. The aim is to thaw one at a time with the hope of transfering one. I must admit, after my last FET experience, I am not all that confident about getting to transfer, but my FS still has some hope because they are blastocysts, so it is worth giving it a go.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Kath - I am so excited for you! My fingers will be crossed that you get your transfer on Monday!

Lea said...

Good luck for Monday Kath. I have everything crossed for you too.

(On the pessaries - you could always use the alternate route :0)

AJ said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!