Oct 23, 2007

Sleepless nights

I am starting to really dislike going to bed. I have always been a light sleeper but lately I have been tossing and turning most of the night. Until I wake up at around 2am and find myself completely unable to sleep at all for at least an hour or so. Then by the time 6am comes around (sometimes earlier), I'm up again. I then feel so tired during the day that it's hard to motivate myself to do anything, let alone a full day's work.

So far I've tried going to bed later, going to bed earlier, napping during the day, not napping during the day, hot milk before bed, watching tv before bed, not watching tv before bed, reading, not reading, fan on, fan off, window open, window closed. I've even tried using different pillows! Next on my list to try is a relaxation CD that I don't yet own. If anyone has any ideas, I am more than open to suggestions!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had the same problem for years and years! It's not fun!! Hopefully when the baby is born it will settle down. A lot of it is nervousness, excitement and hormones! So later on in the pregnancy when you're sick and fat with kankles - you'll be able to have plenty of naps! yay!
good luck! xo