Oct 18, 2007

A very special holiday

I've always had in my mind that once we fell pregnant I would want to plan a very special holiday - a last romantic getaway for me and hubby. Realising that most likely everything about our relationship will change once this baby arrives, I want one final escape to celebrate the 8 years that hubby and I have been a family of two.

After spending a couple of weeks trying to co-ordinate a trip to a tropical island, we started to come across too many obstacles due to the logistics of holidaying while pregnant. After much discussion, we have finally decided on a weekend destination which is now officially BOOKED!

We will be staying at Palazzo Versace at the Gold Coast for a weekend in January. We have booked a special package that they have especially designed for couples like us. It's called 'What's Kicking' and it includes 2 nights accomodation, buffet breakfast each morning, 2 items from their 'in room cravings' menu, Versace bath towels and a Versace teddy bear for baby. Here is a pic of the resort:


We have also upgraded our room to a superior suite - this is the room type we will be staying in:


I'm looking forward to this holiday so much already. It is the perfect place for our romantic getaway. I have always wanted to stay here for a special occaision and I can't think of one more perfect. The whole weekend will be spent alternating between relaxing in our beautiful suite and spa, lying on the sand by the lagoon sipping cocktails (well, mocktails for me!) and swimming in the blue water of the lagoon. What a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

Car said...

Kath,
OMG ~ I am so jealous :) I wanted to stay there for our anniversary this year before bubs arrived but hubby dearest said no :(
Hope you have a wonderful time! It looks awesome!
Car