Nov 9, 2009

Bad news, good news

Well the bad news is that it's looking like I was right, that I am indeed having another very early miscarriage. The test this morning (3 days since the last test, 19DPO) was negative. The shadow of a line that was there before has now disappeared. The good news is that because of this, it's looking like it won't go on as long as the last one. I now have a good reason to (strongly) request a quantitive hcg test from my clinic, and I'm expecting it to come in at under 25. (The tests I have measure anything from 20mIU) Since the last test was done 4 days ago and was over 25, if a test now shows a level under that, I don't think that even my clinic would suggest I stay on the meds. So hopefully in the next couple of days I will be drug free again.

I'm doing ok now. I already knew that this wasn't going to work out, so I have had my few days to grieve. I must admit, I was a bit of a mess this time around, but I'm starting to feel much better now and am just looking forward to getting off these crazy meds and going back to enjoying my son without this IVF nightmare constantly inteferring.

I will update more once I speak to the clinic...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry Kath. It just doesn't seem fair to have two in a row. Hugs!

Lea said...

Kath, I am so sorry you are going through this again. It just not fair.
You know were I am if you need a chat or a shoulder to cry on. Take care of yourself.

xo

Jules said...

I'm sorry Kath.