Nov 10, 2009

Confirmed

I got the results of the blood test back this morning...hcg level is down to 6. Needless to say that the nurse was a lot more sympathetic this time. And with a level so low there was obviously no suggestion that I need to wait any longer to cross this cycle off the list.

I have dealt with this cycle's failure enough that I wasn't actually upset to get this news...more relieved that it is over and I can get off the meds and start to move on.

I will be taking a much needed break from IVF for a short while...not sure just how long yet. I am really starting to struggle emotionally with it, and I don't feel that I would be capable of being the absolute best parent I can to my son if I were to continue on right now. He is my number one priority and I will not do anything that could jepardise our relationship or his future.

I would like to look at going back in the first few months of next year, but it will depend on when I feel I am ready to jump back onto this crazy rollercoaster, and also on our financial situation, which has already taken a bit of a beating from our IVF journey so far.

So for now, thanks for reading, and as always, for your much treasured support. I hope to be able to share with you more soon xo

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hugs Kath. I'm so sorry.

Jules said...

Kath, I'm so sorry.

Kellyanne said...

I'm sorry to hear your news Kath - take care.

Kel