Sep 21, 2010

26 weeks

Here is my belly pic for this morning at 26 weeks.  After the suggestion from Starpepper, I have dug out the outfit that I used for my comparison belly shots last time...so glad it still fits!!!


So definitely bigger, but actually not as bad as what I thought looking at that.  I've put on a fair bit extra than last time at this stage, so far about 9kg (!) compared to the total of 11kg I put on last time.  But then I also started out 4kg heavier the first time so it probably balances out pretty closely.

The SPD has been getting worse lately as well, it's getting to a point where I think I'm going to need to try to do something about it.  At the moment, it's mainly getting into bed at night that I struggle with the most, but also the usual rolling over, getting up and walking after sitting, getting in and out of the car and basically anything that puts any pressure on my pelvis.

I've also noticed lots and lots of braxton hicks contractions - a lot more than last time and definitely a lot stronger.  I don't even think I was aware of them at this stage last time, but this time they are quite strong - enough that I notice them even if I'm distracted and they are quite uncomfortable.  A bit scary when I'm still so far away from delivery!

Otherwise all is going well and I'm really looking forward to the hospital tour this weekend!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nice bump!!

starpepper said...

Wow thanks for doing that, Kath, yes, not too much difference really - was great to see. Hope the glucose test all went well and have fun checking out the hospital. :)

AJ said...

Lovely Bump Kath!! Not much difference at all! I'm still thinking girl though!