Oct 5, 2010

28 weeks

Here's my belly pic from this morning at 28 weeks...


I think I feel a lot bigger than I actually am...or maybe I am just forgetting how big I got last time!  Although these pics are being taken first thing in the morning - there seems to be quite a big difference with how big it gets by the end of the day...will try and remember to take another pic tonight!

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday - I ended up seeing both the midwife and the OB as he was running a bit late.  Everything is still looking really good though - BP was 98/60, baby's heartrate was 145bpm.  The OB has recommended a physio for the SPD - it doesn't help everyone, but he thinks it's worth giving it a go.  The one he has recommended used to work at the hospital as the maternity physio which has to be a good thing.  He has also given me a support strap to wear that is very uncomfortable ;)

I still have to get my gestational diabetes screening test done - meant to do it last week and time got away from me.  Will be trying to get that done today or tomorrow.  I'll also be keen to hear the iron levels - last time I had to take an iron supplement as they were a bit low.  I have a glimmer of hope that it is one reason why I am so tired.

I'm getting loads of movements from the baby which is always reassuring - hubby got to see some really big movements yesterday which was lovely.  Jake seems to have some sort of understanding about the baby - he has asked to carry it, change it's stinky nappies, hold it's hand and play with it.  (Still hard calling the baby 'it' when I know the sex!)

Other than that, nothing really else to report for now.  Next step is my first official appointment with the doula tomorrow, the hospital midwife appointment in 2 weeks, followed by the hospital tour that I missed out on last month due to business commitments.  Will also update with the results of the GD test.

1 comment:

starpepper said...

Hope that the physio can give you some relief from the SPD.
So pleased for you that all is going well with bub.
Hope the GD test goes fine and iron levels are good.
Getting very exciting that you can feel bub lots and must be lovely to have Jake interacting with this bub now.
Hope your doula appt goes well and she is lovely.
What a special secret with the bub's sex...we can't wait to find out. Time is going quickly though so won't be long now. You are looking great, Kath. Hugs!