Oct 7, 2010

Doula Appointment

Last night I had my first official doula appointment.  Our time was basically spent going through a birth plan checklist so that we could both get an idea of my expectations and hopes for the labour & birth.  It was quite a good appointment - she managed to point out a few things that I hadn't thought of and it has given me a better idea of my level of preparation for the birth.  Let's just say I have a few more things to work out in my mind.

She also lent me a book to read...

...along with a matching hypnosis CD.  Looks like a great book and I'm really keen to get stuck into it - more info on it here.

She also lent us this book...

...to read to Jake to help explain about the baby coming.  Apparently there is a very cute song on the CD as well :)

Still very happy with our decision to use the doula and looking forward to our next appointment!

No comments: