Dec 29, 2010

40 Week Update

So the OB appointment went well this morning.  Apparently I'm already 2cm dilated which is obviously a good start.  So we decided to go ahead with the Stretch & Sweep.  My gosh it was painful!  But he did warn me that he wouldn't be gentle and would do what needed to be done to give it the best chance of working.

So he thinks that it will give me a 50/50 chance of going into labour over the next 48 hours.  Again, all opinions though and the baby will come when it's ready.  But it's good to know that we are doing all we can naturally to avoid an induction in a couple of weeks time.  Even though I know it's not a likely thing, I can't help but be paranoid about the drip after my experience last time.

Other than that, everything else was looking good.  If I haven't already had the baby, I have an appointment booked with the midwife (as my OB is away next week) for next Tuesday when I'd be 41 weeks.  She will then arrange an induction date with another one of the hospital OB's.  So the next time I see my OB, it will either be in the hospital after I have had the baby, or at the 6 week follow up appointment!

For now, I just keep waiting... ;)

1 comment:

starpepper said...

great to get an update, Kath. The S&S does not sound much fun but let's hope it moves things along. Thinking of you as you approach the exciting yet full-on part of this journey.