Dec 7, 2010

37 week update

37 weeks...officially 'term'!  I'm actually coping quite well at the moment surprisingly.  I'm sure I was more 'over it' at this stage last time.  Maybe it's because I know that this will most likely be my last pregnancy.  Or maybe it's because I'm just a lot busier and more active this time.  I am trying to rest when I can, but obviously a toddler is keeping me a lot more physically active!

I had my midwife appointment yesterday and it seems all is still well.  My blood pressure is still low at 90/50 - she was a little surprised at how low it was, but she assured us that it isn't a problem pregnancy wise, it just makes me feel crappy ;)  After finding out I have been drinking an average of 3L of water a day (which I didn't realise was a concern), she suggested that I may be flushing everything out too much and thinks I should try a gatorade or two a day for the electrolytes that I'm possibly missing.  Apparently this may help to rise the blood pressure a bit.  I tried one yesterday and did actually feel better after it, but whether that was due to the electrolytes or the sugar...? ;)  If it helps, I'm happy to do it though.

Other than that, the baby is still sitting head down in a good position - she thinks 3-4/5 engaged.  Heat rate was also good at 142bpm.  My iron level has also risen so that it's close enough to normal for them to be happy with and it should continue to rise a little as I keep taking the tablets.

Other than that everything seems pretty normal.  I've been getting pretty bad heartburn, mostly at nights the last few days, which until now, hasn't been too much of a problem.  The amount of water I'm drinking through the night can't be helping though (approx 750ml) so maybe the gatorade during the day will help.  I've noticed my fingers are now swollen this morning - I can still get my rings on and off, but there is quite a noticeable difference.  I'm getting very minor swelling in my feet and ankles on occasions, but nothing too major.  I'm obviously very tired - not helped by the 2-3 bathroom visits, the pubic pain that I'm still getting at night and an early rising toddler.  Most days I am trying to get at least a 30 minute nap in around lunchtime which helps.  The pain from the SPD and sciatica during the day is still usually quite manageable, again as long as I watch what I do, how I do it and wear the support belt on the harder days.  I'm also getting a lot of braxton hicks contractions, which are now very uncomfortable...enough that I often need to change positions and breathe through them.

Now we just wait for this little one to be ready to meet us!

1 comment:

starpepper said...

I'm still reading! You look so great, Kath, you probably feel huge but you look very slim other than the bub. I can't wait for your news and I am so hoping that you have a totally different experience this time round. Yes, it will still hurt but hope it goes as you would like. But in the end, you will have a beautiful result. So excited for you!