Sep 9, 2009

Blood test results

I managed to get my blood test results this morning. Had to make another appointment to see the GP to get them, but I got them. Not great news unfortunately...level was 85. At the same stage with Jake's pregnancy my level was 1,786. Now I definately wasn't expecting anywhere near that, but at 19DPO I would have expected at least 300, not 85.

As the GP didn't know my circumstances, he kept telling me that it was a positive result and wanted to refer me to an OB. Even though I commented on how low the level was. He probably thought I just ovulated later than usual. But I managed to convince him to allow me to do another blood test to check the doubling time. He was going to make me wait another week to do the test, and was going to charge me for it, but I managed to get it bulk billed and done today, 2 days exactly after the last test was done. Again, I have been told I will have to wait 2-3 days for the results. I'm really hoping that I get them by Friday.

Needless to say, I am quite upset today. I realise that, especially on a frozen cycle, the embryo could have just implanted later than normal. But with a level as low as 85, it's hard to have much hope left.

No comments: