Dec 20, 2009

Blastocyst photos

Here is the photo of the embryos that were transferred on Friday...they don't do them justice, especially the top one. The embryologist showed me pictures that were taken more recently when I arrived for transfer - the top one in particular was looking much more like a fresh blastocyst would look.

(I think I have explained before, but the freezing process means that embryos compact, then have to re-expand once thawed)

I'm still in awe of such technology that allows pictures like this to be possible.

1 comment:

starpepper said...

Will be thinking of you, Kath. I did a preg test when we were on holidays last Christmas at Coolum. I did the first test on the 28th (my birthday) and it was positive. So exciting but as you know, it was still a wait for things to work out okay.

I really hope you get some lovely news to finish off the year/start the New Year. Whatever happens, our prayers are with you and we hope that you, Nathan and Jake have a really special Christmas together.