Dec 27, 2009

An early result

Well, looks like it may be 3rd time lucky for us again! I caved and did a HPT this morning at 14DPO...this is what I got...



Now while I am obviously still a bit hesitant to crack out the champagne because of our recent cycles not working out, I'm feeling a hell of a lot more confident than I was the last two times. I think mainly because we managed to get such a good strong line, darker than ever before, at only 14DPO on a 20mIU test, but also because I feel like it's different this time. Hard to explain really, but lets just say that I'm cautiously optimistic.

So now we wait for the scan which I'm assuming will be in about 3 weeks time. Of course I still have the official test at the clinic on Tuesday, but it's just a urine test basically the same as what I have just done at home. I don't believe they are planning to follow up with a blood test. Either way I will most likely continue to do some HPT's at home over the next week to keep an eye on it and help me get through until the scan.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That is fantastic Kath. I have been thinking about you. Unreal to think you've had 3 from 3, here's hoping that this one is a stickie. Congratulations!! Why wouldn't they do beta tests because of last time?

Car said...

Great news to read Kath, crossing fingers the line keeps getting darker and the wait till Tuesday is not too long.