Jul 20, 2010

The big question...

...to find out, or not to find out!

So, I've been meaning to do this post for ages (sorry AJ, I know you asked me AGES ago!!) so here it is.

We have decided that we will be attempting to find out the sex at the 19 week scan for the following reasons:

- Last pregnancy we found out by accident when watching back the DVD.  A flash of the 'boy bits' in 4D was very very obvious...not much else that could have been!  It was disappointing to not have that 'It's a ...' at either the scan or the birth and to have the decision taken out of my hands.  This time around, we are getting another 4D scan and don't want to take the risk of it happening again.

- I don't bond as easily as some during the pregnancy due to the whole 'self protection' thing based on our history.  Once I got past the way we found out last time, knowing the sex did help with the bonding during pregnancy.

- When my son was born, even though we weren't 100% sure that he was a boy, I didn't even think to ask or check if he was in fact a boy.  At that moment, I was so in love with this tiny baby, that I couldn't have cared either way.

- With already having a toddler at home, practically it would make it easier to know the sex of the baby.  Obviously if it is a boy, we won't have to get anything!  But if it's a girl, we may want to buy just a little bit of pink ;)  This is obviously easier to do with only one child in the outside world.

- Names...boy names in particular...I really struggle to find boys names that I like.  It will force me to try harder earlier if I find out that it is indeed a boy!

I think that pretty much covers it.  But I am sorry to add that we have decided to keep the secret to ourselves.  There are a few people that don't want to know and I don't want either the surprise spoiled or to have to keep track of who to tell and who not to.  Plus I love the idea of having that special secret just for us, and to be able to share the news as a surprise to all our friends and family.

We now just have to hope that baby co-operates on the day!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Sounds like perfectly good reason to me Kath! Hope you can find out easily