Aug 9, 2010

20 Week Appointment

Nothing really new to add from the appointment today.  Everything is still looking good, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat which is always wonderful.  My blood pressure is ok (well still low at 100/60 but not concerning) and the OB was happy with the results of the scan last week.  He confirmed that the placenta is still anterior explaining the fact that I'm still not really feeling much from the baby.

We had a brief chat about the birth, in particular, the idea of water birth.  I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but he suggested it as an option for us to think about.  So far, I'm very keen and becoming more keen the more I look into it.

1 comment:

starpepper said...

Such a lovely Christmas pressie coming your way..or maybe on my birthday! Kath, I had an amazing experience for Sam's birth. He was early and had to be taken to the intensive care nursery etc...but the actual labour was not too bad on the whole and I just loved it. Yes it hurt but I didn't end up using any pain relief and the hospital and midwife and obstetrician were all keen on me having a natural birth with little intervention (the Mater). I know that there are so many variables and it is different every time depending on so many things...but we had a doula and I credit her for things being so good. She was amazing. Hubby was reluctant as it was not cheap but it was looking like he may not be able to be there because of his work and I did not want to be alone. But in the end he was there, and she was such an amazing support to both of us and he swears by it now. I guess it all depends on the one you have too and if you really want someone else in there with you. We met with her a few times prior to Sam's birth and were supposed to meet more but he was early. Anyway...I just get so excited every time I think about it. I hope you have a better experience this time...if I have another one, I will probably have a shocker of a labour!