Mar 17, 2008

Breastfeeding Class

We had our breastfeeding class on Saturday afternoon. It was taken by a lactaction consultant from the hospital and went for about 2 hours. I found it really helpful. I was actually surprised that while she was very pro-breastfeeding (obviously, considering it was a breastfeeding class), it was not at all preachy and the messages were very positive but realistic. I definately learnt more during this class than the 40 minutes or so that was spent on breastfeeding as part of the antenatal classes, and have come away with some great resources and ideas for further reading. So absolutely worth doing. I also feel very confident that there will be some great help available to me at the hospital should I need it in those first few days after bub arrives.

No comments: