Mar 3, 2008

A free woman

Yep that's right, I'm now officially free from working life...for now anyway. My last day on Friday went well, I went out to lunch with all of the advertising crew in the office I have been at for the past couple of months. They also gave me the most beautiful clothes for the baby, as well as a matching bunny rug.

It's so hard to believe that I don't have to go to work anymore. I haven't been out of work since I left school. Until I was 19 I was working 2 or 3 part time jobs, then I have been in full time employment ever since. It still feels like I am just on a short holiday. My first day as a lady of leisure has been fantastic, I'm getting a lot done already and it is so much easier being able to take short rests in between doing things.

Sadly though this morning, I decided to take off my engagement ring. I have noticed over the last few weeks that my fingers have become quite swollen. I was really hoping not to have to take my special rings off, but they are starting to leave an indent in my finger so I thought it safer to get it off now before I can't anymore and have to get it cut off. As it was I had to use a fair bit of soap and water. I've left my wedding band on for now, really hoping that I don't have to take it off too. My wedding rings are so very symbolic to me, I feel naked and lost without them.

No comments: