Feb 27, 2008

30 weeks

30 weeks today!!! Bump is getting big now - I feel like I look huge in this pic...


If you look closely in the comparison pic, you can now see my belly button when I'm standing side on! I've put on about 8kg now which is where I'm supposed to be so happy with that.

Yesterday, I enrolled both hubby and I in a First Aid Course with St John's Ambulance called 'Caring for Kids'. It is basically like a basic first aid course, but it focuses more on babies and children up to the age of 12 years. This is the content of the course:

> Assess the scene of an incident
> Conduct primary assess. of the casualty
> Safety
> Provide basic life support to a child
> Management of choking
> Management of wounds
> Management of internal and external bleeding
> Management of head and facial injuries
> Management of infection control
> Management of poisons, bites and stings
> Management of burns
> Management of fractures
> Management of medical emergencies for children

It goes over one 8 hour day so will be a long day for me in particular. But it has been about 10 years since I have done a first aid course, and hubby has never done one so we thought it would be a good idea to get it done before bub arrives.

I've still been struggling with my sleep the whole way through this pregnancy. I have a lot more pressure on my bladder now so I'm getting up 2 or 3 times to go to the bathroom throughout the night. Plus all of my dreams are so vivid, I feel like I am not getting any real rest. I've had a couple of problems with nightmares on occaision which I hear is another joyful pregnancy symptom, but in general my thoughts are just so vivid that I remember most of the night and therefore don't feel like I am getting any deep sleep. Plus obviously now I'm struggling to get really comfortable. Last night wasn't too bad though so I'm feeling a bit better today - only 1 bathroom trip and I actually feel like I got a bit of quality sleep in there. One more work day then I can start catching up with some nanna naps!

No comments: