Feb 19, 2008

Antenatal Class - Week Three

Also last night was our third antenatal class - the first of the two classes on parenting. This one focussed on characteristics of the newborn baby, what happens in the first few days after birth, a little on sleeping, nappy changing, wrapping etc and a section on establishing breastfeeding. We were also given a little booklet on breastfeeding as a reference. I'm not worrying about it too much at this stage as we have a seperate breastfeeding class to go to next month which will go into more detail. I am very passionate about trying everything to breastfeed our baby so I'm gathering as much information as I can before the birth to try to help prepare myself.

Hubby & I really enjoyed this class, it makes it seem so much more real talking about caring for the baby. On one hand, I know that I should be enjoying my pregnancy and not wishing the days away, but on the other, I am just so excited about the day that we get to finally meet our little miracle.

No comments: