Feb 26, 2008

Antenatal Class - Week Four

We had our fourth & final antental class last night - this one was all about the first six weeks after birth including discharge from hospital, SIDS, post-natal depression, where to go for help and what to expect from life at home with the new baby. I found this class really helpful and am already feeling a lot more confident about those first couple of months at home with our baby. My main fear about this time is not how well I will cope or how well hubby will cope, but how well we as a couple will cope. Not that I have any real reason to be concerned, we have a very solid marriage that has gotten us through a number of difficult obstacles in the past. I guess it is because I value our marriage so strongly that I can't help but be a little worried and protective of it. I think this is my main reason for wanting to go into that first six weeks as prepared as we can possibly be.

I'm on my final week of work this week, I finish up on Friday! I can't wait to spend the time at home. Work hasn't been too bad since swapping to my new temporary role, but I am finding it difficult sitting in an office all day every day. I'm also starting to have trouble getting in and out of my car - being lower to the ground I am struggling to get up out of it and down into it. I'm also looking forward to spending some more time with hubby - the way our work hours are at the moment, we only get a couple of hours together of an evening to go through everything we need to talk about, cook dinner, clean up & shower ready for bed. With me not working we will have another 3 hours or so on top of this to enjoy spending the last couple of months alone together before our lives change forever!

1 comment:

Bron said...

Wow Kath almost 30 weeks, doesn't probably feel like it has gone fast for you though!
Hope that you enjoy your time off work before bub and the time with your hubby.