Mar 27, 2008

34 weeks

Here I am this morning at 34 weeks:

and the comparison with the 32 week pic:


This weeks photo looks like it was taken a bit closer, but it still looks like I've grown a bit in the last two weeks. I'm starting to feel really bulky now, it's hard to find any position that is remotely comfortable and even then I have to move after a short while. I have also noticed that my feet are starting to swell during the day - yesterday in particular I could really see that they were swollen and had trouble getting into my shoes. My fingers are still swollen as well - I still have my wedding band on, but it's now stuck there. Hubby and I did try to take it off about a week ago, but my finger is just too swollen. It seems to be ok where it is, I just can't get it over the knuckle. Hopefully I won't have any dramas with it.

I had my 34 week check up at the OB yesterday, everything is still going beautifully. Bub is head down which I was happy to hear, and everything is looking good. My tummy is really tight now - the OB did mention it but it is normal, apparently some people just carry more compact than others. It is making the braxton hicks contractions that I have been feeling quite uncomfortable though - my tummy goes absolutely rock hard. They are not painful, just uncomfortable. I've started to really notice them over the last week and I get them multiple times throughout the day now.

I'm still loving being off work - it's strange how quickly and easily I have settled into it after working full time for so long. I'm not getting quite as much done around the house these days - it seems to be taking me longer to recover from any sort of physical activity and I am starting to get really tired throughout the day. Of course my sleep has not improved so that must be a contributing factor - some days I find myself having two seperate naps throughout the day, but I can only sleep for up to an hour at a time.

I've managed to get most of my hospital stuff packed now though - finishing touches should be done today. I'm also in the middle of washing all the baby things, hoping to have that all done in the next week. I'm starting to feel really excited about the birth now, although for some reason, 6 weeks still seems far away, even though I know it will probably fly by. I guess I just can't wait to finally meet our little miracle.

No comments: