Oct 23, 2009

Here it comes

OHSS that is :( It started with some quite severe cramping early hours this morning, and has progressed to steady abdominal pain all day today. I'm also now bloated to the point where I look 4 months pregnant. To explain it to those who haven't had it, it's kind of like having a 'stitch' over your entire stomach...all the time. I am still trying to rest as much as possible, minimising the amount that I pick up my son, drinking at least 3L of water a day, as well as gatorade and sustagen (for protein).

I had to phone the nurse today to set a time for transfer on Monday. It is now booked in for 12:30pm. I have to phone an hour before to check if we have something to transfer. She asked how I was doing and I did mention the pain to her. But basically I'm doing all the right things, and that is pretty much all I can do. I'm just really hoping that it doesn't get much worse over the next couple of days.

No comments: