Aug 14, 2007

Here we go again

Yep, that's right, it's that time again - EPU time. I hate this part of my cycle. I find pick up & the wait between then and transfer the worst part of the cycle. Even harder than the 2WW - especially since we are trying to get to blastocyst stage again. Those 5 days seem to go on forever.

So, the follie scan today revealed approx 10 follicles around 15-20mm in size. My lining is at around 8mm - I think on my previous cycles it's been around 9mm, but I'm not sure. I'm going in for pick up on Thursday - just waiting on the phone call to find out the exact time. Then we will be aiming for transfer on Tuesday next week. I'll also be getting acupuncture on the day of pick up and again on the day of transfer - a new place though this time. Somewhere much closer to home (away from the big bad city) and somewhere that comes recommended courtesy of a fellow EBer.

While this cycle is going much quicker than my previous cycles, I am starting to find it difficult with seeing different doctors. With my usual FS off recovering from a heart attack, I've seen a new FS for the past two scans, but she is not able to do my pick up on Thursday so I will be seeing yet another FS for that! I'm trying not to let it get to me as it is a great clinic and I do trust that they have good doctors, but I'm just used to putting my faith in a FS so that I can let go of the control a bit. It's hard to do that when I don't have a repport going with the other doctors. Still, it's better than having my cycle cancelled until my usual FS recovers.

One thing that is different this time is that this new temporary FS is putting me on Pregnyl injections during my LP on top of the 2 x Crinone's a day. I've had the Pregnyl trigger before (ouch! Thank god for Ovidrel!), but I've never had it as LP support before. I guess it can't hurt and it's probably good to try something a little different.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Good Luck Kath. Hopefully it's 3rd time lucky for you.

Anonymous said...

Kath
Best of luck with this cycle - hope it brings you a little miracle
xxx
Carrose (from EB)