Aug 11, 2007

My first post!

Wow, I have finally got around to setting up my blog! I have named this blog Butterfly Dreams to symbolise my dream of one day having a miracle baby of my own to love.

A very quick history on me - I am 26, my husband is 27. We met when we were just 17 and were friends until we officially became a couple at 19. We bought our first home at 21, and finally got married last year in March at 25! We have been trying for our first miracle baby for around 14 months so far. We started on the IVF journey due to MF in March this year, and we are now on our 3rd IVF/ICSI cycle.

Like everyone else, never did I expect that we would be put on this journey. Having a family is, and always has been, my whole life. We both found it hard to put off starting a family for so long, but we wanted the best for our future children so we took the time to set ourselves up financially, and get our lifestyle to the place we wanted it to be for children to be added to our family. To then be placed on this journey has been heart-breaking for us to say the least. There are just so many people out there who will never know of the struggles that I face every single day. But there are those who do, and while my heart breaks for them, these are the people who have been such an incredible strength for me during this journey. If you are reading, you know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, now that I've gotten the heavy stuff out of the way - welcome to my blog! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - well done on getting your blog setup. I started mine in June, but haven't written anything since!!

Keep up the great work... JustMe29 from EB

Jules said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Welcome! Will add you to my blogroll if you don't mind? :)

Kath said...

thanks guys xo

I don't mind at all Imy, thanks! :)

Shannon said...

Hi Kath

Well done on your blogging website.

Shannon (Twocentpiece from EB)

AJ said...

Hi Kath...welcome to blog land!! I like butterflies as my symbol of fertility too...I always seem to see one right when I need it!

Hoping that soon this turns into a baby blog for you!

AJ