Sep 20, 2007

7 weeks today

7 weeks today and it is starting to set in a bit more. I was in the car driving to work yesterday morning, thinking about the way I am going to surprise my parents with the news when they visit in a week's time. Daydreaming about sharing such wonderful news, re-living the experience of seeing our little one on the screen for the first time, seeing it's little heart beating, I ended up with tears rolling down my face. Talk about emotional! It was like the initial shock of the scan had worn off and allowed those tears that had been welling up since then to fall.

This morning I have taken my very first belly pic! I thought that this could serve as a starting point. I still feel bloated from all the IVF meds - it seems to get worse over the day with eating and drinking. So I cheated and took this one first thing in the morning :)


I've started to feel a little queasy first thing in the morning. It usually only lasts a couple of hours and it's not like full on nausea, just an 'off' feeling. I'm starting to have to get up in the middle of the night every night to go to the bathroom as well. I seem to be really thirsty all the time, I'm drinking 3L + a day and I still feel thirsty. I'm trying to not drink so much at night to stop myself having to get up in the middle of the night but I usually still end up needing to drink at least a glass before bed. Other than that, I still feel tired pretty much all day. It's very hard to resist the midday naps.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That start of a series of wonderful pictures! I can not wait to see your belly grow.

AJ said...

Great pic Kath....looking foward to watching your belly grow!!