Sep 18, 2007

Scan results

The scan results are in...

One beautiful healthy bub!!!!!

I am amazed, I have spent the last two weeks preparing for the news of twins. Although I was prepared for the outcome of twins and would have been happy with that result, I was still struggling with how I would cope with a twin pregnancy as well as everything that comes along with twins. All along I had been hoping for a singleton. For so many obvious reasons including that it's so much less risk both for me and the baby. So I am just over the moon with this result.

Bub is measuring 6w5d and has a perfect heatbeat as well as a nice looking yolk sack. My FS has brought my EDD back to the 8th of May (when I originally thought it would be) - turns out that the clinic's method of working out EDD is not really an accurate one. So bub is measuring spot on for dates.

I just can't describe how I'm feeling now and how amazing it was to see our little one on the screen. Even though at this stage bub just looks like a little blob, we could see it's little heart beating strongly. After so many scans of seeing an empty uterus, the feeling when I first saw that little blob is indescribable. There are no words that explain just how over the moon I am right now, the joy brings tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Susy said...

Congrats Kath! I am really happy for your. I just read your message somewhere and your ticker brought me to your blog. Hope you have a heathly 9 months! By the way, I am ttc after a miscarriage I have! Wish me good luck.
Take good care!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Kath - really thought you would have ended up with twins though! Good luck for the next 7.5 months! (justme30 EB)