Sep 24, 2007

Plan in motion

The plan is now well and truly in motion - how to tell my parents that we are expecting. They are going to be visiting from interstate this Thursday so we will be telling them that night. We have arranged that hubby will pick them up from the airport on Thursday night so that I can have dinner ready shortly after they arrive. This will allow a bit of a settling in period so that we are not tempted to share our news straight away.

For dessert, we have arranged a special cake to be made by our fantastic local bakery. It will be baby-themed and have the words 'Congratulations Grandma & Grandad' written on it. I'm hoping that this will be a memorable way to surprise the grandparents-to-be. Sure to make for some wonderful after dinner chatter!

We have also decided that we will tell my grandparents this weekend - it is my Grandmother's birthday on Saturday (the same day as mine) so we will be visiting, and it won't feel right to have to keep it from them. The plan is to give my Grandma a very special birthday present - a baby frame with a note saying 'Watch this space - photo to come in May' or something similar. Will have to organise this over the next couple of days.

I'm getting so excited at the prospect of being able to tell my family about our pregnancy. I can't wait until after the 12 week mark when we can share our news with the world. In a way, it is nice that hubby and I have such a wonderful secret together. But I'm at a point now where I want to scream out to everyone I meet and it is hard to speak to friends and family and not be able to share such exciting news with them.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Wonderful idea Kath....hope it turns out well for you!