Nov 22, 2007

16 weeks

16 weeks today! Only 4 more weeks, then I am halfway through this pregnancy! It's hard to believe how far along I am now, but on the other hand the pain of waiting for this time is still very real. Even in the early stages of the pregnancy, I can still feel each day seeming like 3 days while waiting for the next blood test or scan. Sometimes I still find time dragging while waiting for the next milestone.

Anyway, here is my 16 week belly pic:

and here it is compared to the 14 week shot...

Feels like I am popping out more and more every day. People at work seem to keep a close eye on my belly - it is strange hearing people say how big you are gettting, and even stranger when they make you stand on the side so they can stare at your belly. It's hard not to feel like I am constantly on show.

I caved the other day and bought some new bras - I'm now a whole cup size bigger! I also bought my first maternity outfit - a dress that you can also wear as a skirt. I really need to go shopping for some summer clothes as I'm running out of things to wear. But it's hard at this in-between stage. I'm still too small for maternity outfits, but too big for 'normal' clothes.

Oh and I finally managed to get a pic of the nursery manchester that I bought last week - this is the main pack:

There was also the fleece blanket that I bought seperately, it is green with the same style of embroidery on it. Hopefully our new shed will be up this weekend, then we can look at getting the cot into the nursery and start getting everything together. I finished my 'baby list' the other day and am just tweaking it now with the advice of some very helpful mummies. Seems overwhelming looking at such a big list, but I keep telling myself that we have heaps of time. And hey, if I can pull off a beautiful wedding by myself in 11 months, I can handle baby prep!

6 comments:

AJ said...

Great photo Kath and cute linen!!

Lea said...

Your bump is looking great Kath!

Bron said...

Keep popping in on you to keep up to date with all that is happening, great blog, very down to earth....All the best, I am still seeing Shaun Price....you are looking great!
Starpepper

Car said...

Kath ~ your bump is looking great (a huge difference from last time I saw you!!)

Love the nursery linen ~ I love paddington bear :)

Judi said...

Kathy
Just saw your blog and love the paddington bear theme. Would love to know where you found your, do you mind sharing..........PLEASE

thanks
Judi

Kath said...

Happy to share, Judi. I found the Paddington Bear stuff at Spotlight :)