Nov 13, 2007

First baby purchase

Well, we did it. We have made our first baby purchase! I have been thinking about the theme for the nursery for some time and had decided on teddy bears. They are not too common at the moment, are gorgeous and will last a good few years as they are not too 'baby'. I also figured that they would be pretty readily available in lots of different products. But I have been struggling to find cot linen in a teddy bear theme. The only one I have been able to find is Winnie the Poo, which while nice, is too common for my liking.

While shopping on Monday afternoon, I came across a gorgeous cot set of Paddington Bear. As they were having a 20% off sale I managed to also get it at a great price! In the set was a cot quilt, cot topper, cot flat sheet, cot fitted sheet, cot pillowcase, hooded towel, wash mitt, nappy stacker, waffle bunny rug & a polar fleece blanket. It is a lime green & yellow themed colour so beautiful for either a boy or a girl. One thing that I have discovered while baby shopping is that it is very difficult to find gender neutral products!

I bought another book the other day (no, not another pregnancy book!) - The Choice Guide to Baby Products. A fantastic book which has a great list of baby items to buy categorised into essentials, optionals etc. It also has details on what to look for when buying baby products as well as comparisons of specific brands. We've bought a big shed that is getting put up on the weekend so that we can turn our current 'storage room' into a blank slate which will become our nursery. So the planning is now officially on the way!

No comments: