Nov 6, 2007

Back to the gym

I started back at the gym last night. Our gym has undergone a full on expansion and reno since I was there last and it looks fantastic! I had an appointment set up with my trainer to write me a new program now that I am pregnant, it is very strange to hear a trainer tell you to take it easy! My new program is very easy - 10 minute warm up, light weights, then 10 minutes on the treadmill only. I am to do this twice a week, with an optional 3rd day for just 40 minutes of cardio. Again, only on the treadmill and only walking with optional incline. Every 4 weeks I am to speak to the trainer again so that she can make sure my program matches my fitness and comfort levels as I progress through the pregnancy.

I started off last night with an easy 20 minute walk on the treadmill and felt fantastic. There are so many benefits to keeping fit during pregnancy, I just have to keep remembering to take it easy and pay attention to my body. I really love going to the gym, I've missed it over the last couple of months. I can't wait to go back again!

On another note, I booked in my 19 week morphology scan yesterday - it's on the afternoon of the 13th of December. Seems like so far away, but really it is only just over a month!

No comments: