Nov 2, 2007

Results & Check Up

I had my appointment with the OB this morning to go over the results of the scan and blood tests. Everything went really well, he was very happy with the progress of bub. My uterus is growing nicely, and everything is progressing beautifully. The only thing he could find was in my blood test results - my immunity to Rubella is only borderline. He suggested that it would still probably be enough to cover me, but I am not completely imune to it. Other than that, all of my results were good.

I had my blood pressure checked which was fine, then I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! For the first time! I have seen the heartbeat a few times now, but this was the first time I was able to hear it. It's funny, even though I am very aware that I am pregnant, I still have an element of surprise when I have any sort of contact with the baby. It's still such a surreal feeling to know that there is a human life growing inside of me. I don't know if I will ever really grasp that concept.

No comments: