Nov 16, 2007

Showing

I had my first stranger recognise my pregnancy just by looking at my body yesterday. It was the cashier at the shop where I did my grocery shopping last night. After looking at me she asked how far along I was. Pretty gutsy question at this stage of the pregnancy in my opinion. And quite scary to think that I am only 15 weeks and showing that obviously. In my defence, I was wearing a fitted singlet top and it was at night when I always seem to look bigger. But still, it gave me an idea of what to expect from complete strangers who notice my baby bump.

On one hand, it was great - she loaded all my bags neatly into the trolley for me, even stopping to ask where I would like my eggs. But on the other hand, I can see myself getting very frustrated answering the same questions for the next 5-6 months - so far the most common question asked (including from family, friends and acquaintances) is by far - "Do you know if it is a boy or a girl?". Now before I even started thinking about starting a family, I didn't really know that much about pregnancy, but I did know that you have to be about half way through before this is even an option. But the cashier last night (who in her defence, was only about 17) came up with the dumbest question I have heard yet - "Are you excited?" What kind of a response is she expecting for that question???

I'm starting to think that these pregnancy hormones are making me a little irritated...

No comments: