Jan 8, 2008

2007...looking back

A week or so late, but I thought it would be a good idea to do a bit of a wrap up of 2007. This is a quiz that seems to be doing the blogger rounds, this one is courtesy of Shannon

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
IVF

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly don't remember having any new year's resolutions last year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no

5. What countries did you visit?
none, we are in desperate need of a holiday

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
our baby :)

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
19th February - day one of our first IVF cycle
28th August - first HPT with 2 lines!
4th September - blood test confirming pregnancy
24th December - first time I felt bub's movements

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving our IVF journey with my life and marriage still in tact

9. What was your biggest failure?
Can't think of anything...?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The one month I took off IVF over the year I had an awful cold.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A brand spanking new 4wd

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Again, can't think of anything for this one

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't think anyone's behavior made me feel this strongly, however I was extremely disappointed to find out that a close friend's wife was unfaithful to him.

14. Where did most of your money go?
IVF

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Easily our pregnancy

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
No one song in particular

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Most definately happier

b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter...but with good reason!

c) richer or poorer?
Surprisingly...richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Appreciate the little things

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing in particular

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I was already in love and still am :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
House

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone

24.What was the best book you read?
Up the Duff by Kaz Cooke

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Natalie Gauchi - I didn't watch Australian Idol this year, but happened to flick over on the second last episode and was mezmerised by her voice.

26. What did you want and get?
A successful IVF cycle

27. What did you want and not get?
Our baby for Christmas

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Die Hard 4

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to lunch with family, I was 27. It didn't really feel like my birthday last year. I was 8 weeks pregnant and still adjusting to our dream coming true so much that my own birthday felt like it paled in comparison.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have fallen pregnant much earlier in the year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
For the first half of the year, much the same as 2006! Didn't buy much in the way of clothes for most of the year in the hope I would soon be pregnant. The last couple of months I have started living in my maternity clothes :)

32. What kept you sane?
I was sane???

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Political issues don't tend to stir me all that much.

35. Who did you miss?
No one in particular

36. Who was the best new person you met?
All the truly wonderful people in my IVF buddy group and then my pregnancy buddy group on EB - you all know who you are, I can't thank you enough for your support and friendship during 2007.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That regardless of the odds, someone has to be the '1'
That I am capable of being stronger than I ever thought I could be.
That sometimes life just isn't fair and there is no clear explaination for it.
That you never know what someone could be dealing with.
That support and friendship don't have to come from people in real life.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place'

No comments: