Jan 3, 2008

22 weeks

22 weeks today and wow, I think it is safe to say that there is a reason I have been feeling bigger lately. Here is my 22 week belly shot:


and the comparison with 2 weeks ago:

Seems I've really popped out over Christmas! Surprisingly though, I have still only put on around 3 and a half kg so far. Nearly 1kg of that was in the last week so I'm guessing that the normal pregnancy weight gain will start to catch up to itself soon. Either that or I ate too many chocolates over Christmas!!

I've also been able to confirm in my mind that the movements I first felt over Christmas were definately the baby. I have been starting to feel them a bit stronger lately, more definate kicks I guess would be a way to describe it. A couple have been that strong that I could see my belly twitch from the outside! The easiest time for me to feel it seems to be when I am sitting still at night after dinner. Hubby was even able to feel bub kicking for the first time a couple of nights ago which was just wonderful. He even copped a boot in the head from bub last night! The movements are still very sporadic, but it is so wonderful to be feeling something from the baby, it really helps to appreciate pregnancy so much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You belly is looking really really cute Kath

Carla (Smurtle from EB)