Jan 21, 2008

The Babymoon

What a wonderful weekend! Hubby and I haven't been able to get away by ourselves since our honeymoon nearly 2 years ago so it was just wonderful to have the whole weekend to ourselves. It feels like we have been so busy the last couple of months that it was fantastic to just have a break away from everything.

We arrived at about lunchtime on Friday and had lunch at a local surf club before checking in to the hotel. The hotel was everything I had imagined, just absolutely incredible. Even the beauty of the lobby area just took my breath away. Our room was perfect, with everything we could possibly want, all decorated with the gorgeous Versace touches that you would expect. Here are a couple of pics:

The foyer:


Chilling out in our suite:


Waiting for us in our room was the most adorable Versace bathrobe for the baby - a size 4 so obviously for when they are older, but just so gorgeous. There was also a beautiful Versace teddy bear - here is a pic:


After checking out the room, we were off for a swim in the resort pool. I had been looking forward to this swim for ages and the water was just beautiful. That night we went out to dinner at one of the hotel's restaurants, right on the waterfront just after sunset. The food was incredible, this restaurant would definately be on my top 5 list. The only thing missing was the wine! Bub was kind enough to give me a bit of a kick to remind me how much it was worth missing out on though. We ended up back in the lounge area listening to a pianist and vocalist, hubby with a cocktail, me with a hot chocolate.

Saturday morning we enjoyed a very yummy buffet breakfast in the main hotel restaurant, then headed out for a walk on the beach. A walk that turned into a bit of a marathon walk down the beach while heading for what seemed at the time like a mirage. We made it though and had a bit of a wander around before catching a cab back to the resort. We got changed and headed down to the day spa area for a swim in the indoor pool - so much more peaceful than the outdoor area as no children are allowed into the day spa facilities. It was wonderful to relax in the water after such a long walk in the morning, and great to feel so weightless for a change! I was surprised though just how much energy swimming took and how much harder it was for me to catch my breath being pregnant.

We changed and headed up to the lounge for afternoon tea where I had the yummiest cake I think I have ever eaten! Absolutely incredible! Then it was straight back down to the day spa for me for a rejuvenating pedispa. So very relaxing and wonderful to be pampered!

Saturday night we went out to another waterfront restaurant for dinner. We had a fantastic table with a view right over the water. Unfortunately the food let us down - it was not bad, but not really great either, and I've never seen such big servings!! We both struggled to get through half of the main! Still a lovely night out on the water though. The rest of the night was spent up in our room playing Connect 4 - we hadn't played this game for years but ended up playing for a lot of the night, stopping at around midnight for some munchies - icecream with chocolate topping for hubby and a chocolate milkshake with a selection of cakes for me! I don't think I have eaten as much as I ate this weekend for a long time!

Sunday morning we again headed down to the main hotel restaurant for a buffet breakfast, then it was back up to the room for the sad job of packing. We spent the rest of the morning in our room, enjoying being totally alone together and of course, a few more rounds of Connect 4!

We were very lucky with the weather this weekend too - we were worried that we were going to get rained out, but the sun was kind enough to come out for most of the weekend. It was just so wonderful to be away for those couple of days. Very hard for us to leave and come back to reality, but that was made a thousand times easier knowing what a special gift we have to look forward to in a few months time. And while it was absolutely fantastic to be away on a romantic weekend for just the two of us, we both couldn't help but look at other families with young children and daydream about holidaying with our very own child.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I hate you! I am seething with jealously. Your hotel looks divine!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,
I'm writing an article on babymoons for Tampa Bay Baby magazine and wonder if you might be willing to be interviewed.
If interested, contact me at carp119@aol.com
thanks,