Nov 2, 2010

32 Weeks

Here I am this morning at 32 weeks...


And compared with my last pregnancy...

So maybe a bit bigger, but looks pretty similar to me!  I've now put on around 12kg compared to the 11kg I put on in total last time, but I'm still 3kg lighter than my finishing weight last pregnancy.

I had my 32 week OB appointment yesterday which was pretty uneventful as usual...just what to hope for.  My blood pressure was pretty good at 105/60, baby's heart rate was 140.  OB just wanted to make sure that I was taking iron supplements, but other than that had no concerns.

The pain is still hanging around - both from the S.P.D. and sciatica.  I'm still seeing the physio every 2 weeks which helps a little, but only for a few days.  The midwife has recommended a remedial massage therapist now as well, but I must admit that I'm more than a little skeptical.  The last few days have been particularly painful, but I've also been at home by myself with a toddler over the whole weekend.  The pain seems to be very closely related to the level and type of activity I do throughout the day.  I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible, but there's only so much I can avoid as a stay at home Mum.  I'm also trying to wear the support strap as much as possible - not sure how much difference it makes though.  I try to wear it in the mornings when I am getting the most work done, but it's pretty uncomfortable and the baby doesn't particularly like it, especially if I sit or lay down.  I really think it is just something that you can get minor relief from while pregnant, but that won't go away until after the baby is out.  Even though he wont directly say it, I get the feeling that my OB agrees.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Looking great Kath!! Maybe a little more 'rounded' this time but much the same size I think! Can't wait to found out what you are having!

Shannon said...

You look beautiful Kath! I can't see too much of a difference with your bump. Looks the same size to me. Like AJ, I can not wait to find out what you are having!!!

xx