Nov 4, 2010

Limits

Between the SPD and the sciatica, I have been trying to limit my physical activity as much as possible when I'm experiencing pain.  I'm trying to get light exercise, while not overdoing it and still trying to get some rest.  I'm trying to sit the right way, walk the right way, turn the right way, get in and out of the car/bed etc the right way, roll over the right way, sleep the right way etc etc.  I'm wearing the support strap during the day and only taking it off for breaks, particularly where I am sitting or laying down.

But the pain level seems to have doubled over the last few days.  I can't do anything without feeling pain - even sitting or laying still most often causes a strong burning pain in my groin.  Feels like I am being stabbed with a hot knife.  Walking is painful enough that I cant help but limp a lot of the time - whenever I put any pressure on my right leg, I get the pain from both the SPD as well as the shooting pain in my RH lower back from the sciatica.  After laying down in bed for a couple of minutes, I start to get a burning pain in my groin so bad that it brings me to tears.  It lasts for about an hour and I can't seem to find any position that makes it go away.

I'm off to the physio again today, but not expecting her to be able to do much.  I've come to the realisation this morning that I just have to accept that my mobility is decreased severely and will be that way until the birth.  I find it so difficult to sit back and do nothing, particularly with a toddler who wants me to run around playing and dancing with him like normal and still has times where he wants to be picked up or carried.  He doesn't, and shouldn't have to, understand why I can't.  But I just can't handle this pain anymore, I don't have a choice but to limit my activity to a much more severe degree.  I don't want to spend the rest of this pregnancy in tears.

No comments: