Jun 16, 2010

12 Week NT Scan

I had my 12 week NT scan this afternoon, and while I still haven't got the actual risk assessment results, the sonographer was happy with the actual scan.  Everything looked as it was supposed to, the first heart rate measurement was 155bpm, another one later in the scan was 165bpm, both she was very happy with.

It was such a relief to see the baby today, and so incredible to watch him/her moving around...everywhere!  The place we went to was lovely too, and we got a DVD with some video and images to take home.  I'm picking up some hard copy photos as well as getting my actual results back tomorrow morning.

Going by my 28/12 EDD, I would be 12w1d today and as you can see from the first image below, the baby measured 12w4d which I was very relieved with.  It's amazing the difference that just 2 weeks can make!



It's still so hard to believe that we could have another baby in our family, but I am feeling a lot better after the scan today.  My job now is to try and relax and enjoy this wonderful journey that I have been given.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Lovely scan results Kath! A happy healthy one there...sooo exciting!