Jun 1, 2010

Scan results

The results from the scan are in...we have one healthy looking baby on board!

The sonographer said the heart beat looked nice and strong, it measured in at 122bpm which I'm happy with. The measurements were smaller than what I was expecting though, based on my own observations of my cycle. I would have put it at 7w1d, but the overall result from the scan was 6w2d. But I am aware that scans this early have a margin of error and there is also some room in the dates of my cycle considering it was a natural conception. It's just a little difficult to adjust after having everything so rigid with IVF conception.

So overall a great result being that the main aim was to see a good heart beat. It was so incredible seeing that little blob on the screen, especially on a break from IVF. It's still hard to believe that the blob is our baby...

No comments: