Jun 17, 2010

NT Results

This morning I was able to pick up the actual results from the NT scan yesterday and I'm happy to report that all is looking well!  We are low risk for everything tested - these were the actual results:

Background risk according to maternal age:

Trisomy 21 - 1:675                 Trisomy 18 - 1:1648                                 Trisomy 13 - 1:5170

Adjusted risk using scan, bloods etc:

Trisomy 21 - 1:6974              Trisomy 18 - 1:32958                                Trisomy 13 - 1:103396

Everything else is looking good as well.  They have listed the gestational age from the scan as 12w5d, so 4 days ahead of the last scan.  Only other thing is that the placenta is developing anteriorly, which doesn't cause any dramas as far as the pregnancy, but does mean that it may take longer for me to feel the baby's movements.  I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and didn't feel him until around 20 weeks - being at the front, it tends to block the baby's movements.  But as long as all is well with me and the baby, that's all I can really ask for!

2 comments:

starpepper said...

Great to hear all is going well, very excited for you. 28 December is my birthday!

AJ said...

Great news Kath...are you going to find out what you're having this time??