Jun 1, 2010

Still here

Well so far, everything is still going well. I have been away interstate visiting family for the last week which has worked out to be a great distraction. I also decided though to tell both my parents about the pregnancy - I couldn't be down there and not tell them, especially when there most likely wouldn't have been any other opportunity to tell them in person. It felt very strange announcing it so early, but I'm still comfortable with my decision to do so, and won't be going completely public with it until after the NT scan.

I did another HPT just after I got back and the test line came up just as quickly and strongly as the control line which was a relief. And no sign of any cramping or bleeding - though I have been checking for any sign of blood multiple times throughout each day, and I don't think I have ever been more in tune with my body!


I've also noticed a few symptoms over the last couple of days...bloating in a major way for starters! I thought it was mostly the meds last time, but I seem to be just as bloated, if not more, this time around. I look around 12-14 weeks pregnant already and it is hard to hide - especially with a toddler (when people expect more pregnancies to happen).

I've also noticed that I need to eat more often or I start to get waves of nausea. And this morning I got what I can only assume was my first taste of morning sickness. I woke up early feeling queasy, ended up trying to eat some breakfast to make myself feel better, but had one mouthful of cereal and thought I was going to throw up. Had to let each mouthful settle before the next, but started to feel better by the end of the bowl. So although I was hoping to avoid morning sickness this time around, it is probably a really good sign.

I picked up my referral form for my scan from the GP's office yesterday and booked it in for Monday morning. By my guess, I would be 7w1d. I probably could have chanced going in a bit earlier (with my last pg I was 6w5d), but I wanted to wait the extra few days to give a better chance of a clearer scan.

So for the meantime, it's just more waiting. I have loads to distract me at the moment though, including my son's birthday party in a few days, so it should come around fairly quickly...

No comments: