Jun 1, 2010

The next step

All seems to be going well so far. I've had mildish morning sickness pretty much constantly for the last couple of weeks, as well as episodes of fatigue. While it has helped to reassure me that the baby is doing well, I must admit it has been difficult feeling so terrible at times while caring for an active toddler! The morning sickness has been the hardest - I feel like I am constantly on a rocking boat. But I think I am starting to get better at managing it to minimise it's effect. I have to eat every hour or so...I am so sick of eating!!

My belly also seems to be confused as to how far along I am! I'm already running out of clothes that fit/hide the bump and I look comparable to how I was at around 3-4 months with my last pregnancy. I'm hoping it will settle down a bit soon, or that things will just catch up to themselves so I don't end up absolutely massive!

The follow up appointment at the GP went as expected. I got the actual end results from the scan, they have actually put me at 6w3d (crown to rump length of 5.4mm) which is 5 days behind what I expected. With margin of error on both my calculations and the scan, I think it is a good result. That would put my EDD as the 31/12/10. So if all goes well, it will be a very busy Christmas/New Year for us!!

The next step for me is an obstetrician appointment. I managed to make an appointment a couple of weeks ago, a difficult thing for me to do with my recent history. The appointment is for the 1st of June so only a couple of weeks away. I must admit I am very keen to hopefully get another look at the baby to get that reassurance that everything is progressing as it should. In the meantime, all I can do is keep waiting...

No comments: